Last updated : November 16, 2020
ACCEPTANCE AND APPLICATION
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, when you fill out a form on our website, or when you otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: your name, your email, your phone number, your postal code, your preferences, and any other information you choose to provide.
We also collect information through your use of the Services, which can be divided into the following general categories:
Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing and when using the Services, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected, such as your IP address and location data (which is anonymous). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic, to review the use of our services, to monitor and analyze use of the Services, to monitor and analyze the statistics, to get an accurate representation for technical administration, to increase our functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Services to our Users' needs. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Website, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location using data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS in order to offer you a better user experience. On most mobile devices, the use of location services can be controlled or disabled in the device’s settings menu. Depending on your settings or device permissions, this information may be collected by Little Minimalist even when you are not using the Website.
- Usage Information. We collect information about how you interact with the Website such as the pages or content you view, and other actions on the Website.
- Log Data and Device Information. When you access or use the Website, we automatically collect log data and device information, even if you have not created a Little Minimalist Account or logged in. That information includes, but is not limited to: details about how you’ve used the Website (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Website.
- enable you to use and access the Website.
- enable and facilitate the functioning of and your access to the Website.
- better understand how you navigate through and interact with the Website and to improve the Website.
- serve you tailored advertising.
- show you content that is more relevant to you.
- monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness of the Website and Little Minimalist advertisements.
- enforce legal agreements that govern your use of the Website.
- prevent and detect fraud detection, for trust and safety, and for investigations.
- provide customer support, analytics, research, product development, and regulatory compliance.
The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to manage or disable your cookies. Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information. If you choose to decline cookies, some parts of the Website may not work as intended or may not work at all.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the Website currently does not have the ability to respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application.
Personal Information: To use the Services, you may have to first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified ("Personal Information"). This type of information will not be collected without your consent, and we expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes than those mentioned below without your consent. For certain portions of the Services, such as for the creation of an account or online orders, we shall collect Personal Information that you voluntarily upload or provide us through your use of the Services, such as your name, email, address, and phone number. We may obtain Personal Information from other third parties regarding you, such as when you register with such a party to participate in one of such party’s services offered via such party’s website or mobile app, or through our Services. We may automatically import some of the Personal Information you provide to such third party into your account for the use of our Services.
The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To provide, maintain, perform and improve the Services;
- To create your account and access the Services;
- To perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- To send you our newsletter or other communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions and news;
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Little Minimalist may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Little Minimalist, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity, or if required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities.
We restrict the use of our Services to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
RIGHT TO EXAMINE INFORMATION
You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to HELLO@LITTLEMINIMALIST.CA. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another User).
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to [email@example.com]. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Please note that if you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience of the Services may be diminished.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect and save, except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the rendering of our Services, with whom we may share the information we have collected. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated anonymized information with third parties, including but not limited to, for statistical, machine learning, advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets. However, under no circumstances will such transactions result in your information being used for other purposes than those for which you gave us your consent.
The Services have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information or other information. You transmit Personal Information to us at your own risk.
EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that you may click on when using our Services and encourage you to read their privacy statements.